We are currently recruiting for an Admin Assistant based in Liverpool City Centre. We are looking for somebody who is able to assist with the office administration tasks to support the growth and development of the Foundation.
ABOUT THE ANTHONY WALKER FOUNDATION
The AWF is the leading anti-racism charity in the Northwest, and we have spent over 17 years developing a thoughtful and comprehensive approach to tackling Racism in our communities. We work to tackle racism, hate crime and discrimination by providing educational opportunities, victim support services and by promoting equity and inclusion for all.
- Screening calls and taking detailed, accurate messages where necessary
- Weekly stationery inventories to ensure all stock is up to date
- Managing and distributing all incoming and outgoing post and couriers
- Photocopying, faxing, binding and filing all company documents
- Booking meeting rooms and organising refreshments
- Helping company employees with email correspondence
- Updating the charity database.
- Providing support to the hate crime team during busy periods
- Office cover during staff holidays
- Assisting the office manager with regular health and safety checks
- Ad-hoc duties, including assisting with events
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
- Admin Assistant
- National Minimum Wage
- Fixed-Term Contract
- Flexible Hours
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Have an understanding of the Anthony Walker Foundation, who we are and what we do
- Have a general understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Confident with all Microsoft Office packages
- Polite telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organised
- Able to prioritise a changing to-do list
- Excellent attention to detail
- Uses own initiative
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team
- Agree with the values of the Foundation
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please detail your key attributes and what makes you suitable for the role with examples of practical experience. In addition, please describe how your experience matches the position’s primary duties.
The application deadline is Friday, 17th March, with interviews likely to take place on the week commencing Monday, 20th March 2023.
The Anthony Walker Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We would encourage those from Black and ethnic minority communities to apply.