Established in 2005 after Anthony’s racially motivated murder, the Anthony Walker Foundation provides education and support services to tackle racism, hate and discrimination in its many forms.
Our vision is one of a global society where race, religion and ethnicity do not label any person or put them at risk; where racial intolerance/violence is unacceptable and cultural diversity is embraced.
Our mission is to promote racial harmony through education, sport, the arts and support people and communities who have experienced hate crime.
What we deliver
- The Hate Crime Victim Support Service funded by the Ministry of Justice through the Office of the Police Crime Commissioner for Merseyside.
- An extensive education programme locally and regionally.
- Delivery of several community programmes supported by funders including Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, National Lottery Community Fund, PH Holt, The JD Foundation and a number of individual donors.
- An influential corporate and consultancy arm that is shaping high level, strategic cultural change with regards to tackling structural racism.
The Foundation are now looking for a programme manager to support us in developing a growing programme of projects focusing on anti-racism, equity, diversity and inclusion.
|Job Title||Programme Manager – Learning & Participation|
|Salary||Circa £30,000.00 per annum (plus performance related pay)|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term Contract – 1 Year|
|Location||Liverpool City Region (Additional travel as required)|
|Purpose of the role||Manage, co-ordinate, grow and develop the Anthony Walker Foundation’s community and school learning and participation programmes focusing on anti-racism, equity, diversity & inclusion.|
|Directly responsible to||Strategy Lead|
- Manage and co-ordinate the Foundation’s community learning and participation programmes.
- Manage, co-ordinate and deliver training sessions and workshops.
- Recruit, manage and co-ordinate a bank of facilitators who will support in delivery.
- Recruit, manage a co-ordinate a focus group of educational professionals who will act as a critical friend to the Foundation.
- Work with internal colleagues to support the delivery of the Foundation’s corporate learning and participation offer.
- Create and develop learning and participation projects which further the Foundation’s aims and objectives.
- Work with external education, community, and strategic partners in planning events, supporting projects, and ensuring the Anthony Walker Foundation is visible and has a voice.
- Managing and co-ordinating events.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on programme successes and areas for improvement.
- Work with colleagues to look at and execute the strategic vision for the Foundation’s learning and participation offer.
- Support colleagues in the creation and development of funding bids, proposals, and business development opportunities.
- Attend partnership and networking events to promote the work of the Foundation and develop opportunities.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Have an understanding of the Anthony Walker Foundation, who we are and what we do.
- Have an understanding of what it means to be actively anti-racist as both an individual and an organisation.
- Have a general understand of equity, equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Have an understanding of the current Hate Crime landscape.
- Be knowledgeable of learning and teaching – Key Stages 1 to 5, Post 16 (Colleges and Universities), Corporate/business settings.
- Have an understanding of and experience in curriculum development including writing lesson plans and learning outcomes, validation, accreditation, quality assurance, staff development.
- Be a good communicator – you will be required to present to, speak with and listen to people at all levels.
- Have sound knowledge of how to use IT systems – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook etc.
- Be confident in your ability to present and deliver training sessions and workshops.
- Be organized and understand how to prioritise work and manage your time.
- Be a self-starter and use your initiative.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com . In your covering letter please detail your key attributes, what make you suitable for the role with examples of practical experience. Please detail how your experience matches the main duties of the role.
Deadline for applications is 17:00pm on Friday 12th November 2021 with interviews likely to take place to take place on the week beginning 22nd November 2021.
The Anthony Walker Foundation would encourage those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds to apply.